Electric Pavilion / Electra Picture Palace|
Quick links to other sections on this page . . .
The building was converted to the Electric Pavilion cinema with around 600 seats and leased to Rotherham Theatre Ltd with Arthur Melbourne as manager.
"The new comfortable and well appointed Picture Theatre showing the World's best pictures. The pictures are free from flicker using projectors of the very latest type."
Prices ranged from 3d to 1/-d with cheaper matinées on Mondays and Saturdays.
Local musicians accompanied the silent films.
New Proprietors - New Name
It was continuous performances and three matinées with two programme changes weekly. Programmes were run in conjunction with Cinema House and Royal Picture House.
There is no record of a sound system ever being installed.
Closure and Demolition
"Free Lips" - 1928 USA B/W Silent
The premises were then demolished.
May not be copied or reproduced without permission.